Friday, April 23, 2010

A Flamingo Parade


I went to pick up these flamingos today and as I drove up, I saw the cutest sight EVER ... a flamingo parade!!!  The kids were so appreciative that we flocked their house that they even made us the most adorable thank you cards.  It was just a reminder of why we flock.  Aside from raising funds to take kids to camp, it really does bring joy to people.


Flocking this home was pretty intimidating because it is in a rich neighborhood and all the neighbors have HUGE windows.  When we were flocking it, the neighbors looked outside the window at us.  I was a little nervous.  But later on, I found out that it was the owner's brother's house.  When the girls finished putting down all the flamingos, a car was backing out of a home.  The girls were screaming, "GO, GO, GO!"  I was like, "They don't know any better.  We're just a parked car.  A parked car."  I had my lights off and we just let the neighbor leave, then we drove off.  The best part was hearing from the owners about how much they loved it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment